Sunday 12 January 2014

Fresh For 2014!


Happy New Year from me to you. I am going to aim to publish at least a post a week (if not, I will put more up!) I really hope my style translates to many of my readers and gives you inspiration to dress fun and sophisticated. This style starts off 2014 with a bang! I have literally worn this outfit eo many times, because it's wintery, sophisticated, playful and classic.

 

This outfit really represents what I love to wear in the winter. I love blending earth tones such as beige and brown with classic colours such as black and white. The two collaborated well together and I really loved how it looks among the woodland setting. My ultimate essential is a winter coat. I love dressing smart and sophisticated as much as I can. The beige colour was a nice and surprising departure for me but it was a purchase I was dying to make for a long time. Beige is a very classic yet a very bold colour and the cut of the coat is important, as I am a fan of pea coats and trench style coats. 


Black skinny jeans are an ultimate essential, especially in the winter, you can wear it with anything and the fact that they're skinny really helps in the cold weather. Black is a classic go-to colour rather than a blue which might not suit every style. 



The brown brogues with purple accented laces create a quirky, dynamic look to a classic outfit. They have a wrinkled, vintage look which creates for a bold look. The socks are a dark mustard and really makes the outfit fit perfectly from head to toe.



Paired with the beige, I am wearing a black patterned knitted sweater which is very comfortable and smart. The cotton scarf added to enhance the knitwear and creates a cool contrast! You may spot that I'm wearing a bow tie with the outfit. The bow tie is very reminiscent of old Hollywood and preppy icons of the past. (Tip: including a tie/bow-tie/neck accessory enhances the outfit and creates a preppy look).




I also included this chunky knitted scarf and it works perfectly due to the colour being similar to the beige coat and brown brogue. I love the scarf as it looks and feels very cosy! Perfect for the cold weather ahead! 





Outfit Details

- Knitted Sweater - Reiss
- Bow Tie - Alexander McQueen
- Beige Coat - American Apparel
- Black Spray-on-Skinny Jeans - Topman
- Brogues - Topman
- Socks - American Apparel
- Black & White Scarf - H&M
- White Shirt - Topman
- Brown Chunky Knit Scarf - Zara Man

A lot of pictures there! Hope you like my latest look. Please follow me on Twitter/Instagram @umariqbal_

Also please comment and let me know if you like this look. Thanks for all the support and here's to a great 2014 IQ'ers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment